R. Seth Crompton
R. Seth Crompton grew up in a working class, union family in Herrin, Illinois. His family has worked and continues to work in many of the country’s most difficult and dangerous industries, including railroad, construction, mining, trucking, and manufacturing. Seth attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where he achieved a dual major bachelor’s degree in Economics and Political Science. He then received his juris doctorate from St. Louis University School of Law, which included a Health Law Certificate from the #1 rated program in the United States. While in law school, he interned in the white-collar fraud divisions at the United States Attorneys’ Office for the Southern District of Illinois and the St. Louis City Prosecuting Attorneys’ Office.
He works throughout all the firm’s practice areas and specialties including class action, mass tort, pharmaceutical drug and medical device, FELA, Jones Act, personal injury, product liability, trucking accidents, toxic exposure, environmental disasters, and complex commercial litigation. He is experienced at all phases of litigation including bench and jury trials. His experience translates into the Seth’s ability to handle a variety of litigation matters from start to finish for firm clients. He has obtained or his work has been integral in obtaining a variety of highly successful litigations including multi-million dollar jury verdicts, judgments, and settlements, as well as resolution of large, national complex litigations.
Seth has obtained a host of awards and recognition, including:
- Martindale-Hubbell preeminent AV rating (5.0/5.0) – given to a select group of attorneys that have been designated by their colleagues and the judiciary as demonstrating excellence and preeminence in the practice of law.
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyer – an invitation-only organization wherein members are evaluated based on stringent qualifications, and is composed of the most premier trial attorneys across the United States.
- Global Directory of Who’s Who (Top Lawyers) – honors attorneys who have demonstrated achievement and leadership in the legal field based on an attorneys’ position and professional accomplishments.
- Super Lawyers Top-Rated Class Action and Mass Tort attorney – uses an independent selection process to rate outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Best Lawyers in America Top 5% of private practice attorneys nationwide – inclusion in Best Lawyers is based on a rigorous peer-review survey comprising more than 7.4 million confidential evaluations by top attorneys.
Prior to joining the firm, Seth gained extensive litigation and trial experience more recently at a national law firm with offices throughout the country, and previously for one of the region’s most respected litigation firms, representing multinational corporations, Fortune 500 companies, and other large business entities. His practice included catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, and trucking accidents, as well as complex commercial matters involving finance, real estate and property development, insurance coverage, construction, and contractual disputes.
Outside of practicing law, Seth serves on various boards in the community and enjoys mixed martial arts, boxing, and traveling.